Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Confessions of An Artist: My T.R.U.T.H- Real, Unapologetic Healing- I CARE Campaign

 
Negative, depressed, dark, and pain are just some words to describe the condition of my heart during what is Still the worst day of my existence: 10.1.10 was a day symbolic to a record getting caught on the bent needle of an old record player. It replays over and over the same sound, the same agonizing pain that any mother would feel, if she heard that because of her choice in love, she'd been deemed unfit. Feelings of remorse, confusion and injustice were minimal compared to feelings of defeat, defamation, and embarrassment. Yet my anger, my rage was agonizing especially when those thoughts became calls of action. I'd become so paralyzed with grief, hatred and dark desires that I withdrew from the world around me. There was no light in the space I had been forced to live in. The only thing that existed was the poison that handicapped me and...a pen and a pad.

I'm not certain what forced my hand, to change my mind...my first guess is that I'd grown tired of being still, stagnant in grief. I knew that what I was feeling needed to be released, told, shared with someone, anyone that was willing to listen. If nothing more, I knew that it couldn't continue to reside in me, taking my mind, body, and soul hostage. So I begin to write. That act alone was so monumental in my life that I haven't stopped writing. Picking up that pen was the beginning of my healing, the releasing of hate. It was then that I wrote my first poem, entitled My Side of the Story. My Side details the custody battle that changed Everything in my life. I shared that poem publicly for the first time at HeArt and Soul Produced by K. Dapree. I was received with open arms as I stood on the stage with my paper, reading and exposing, something so real and live:  My T.R.U.T.H. (Telling Real Unapologetic Truths Thru Healing). From that sharing, K. Dapree invited me not only to write for what was at the time one of his new project, but to also share more of my Truths at the T.R.U.T.H. Project.

Neither of us knew it at the time, but that was the beginning of a journey that has taken an identity of its own. I am still writing not just to heal myself this time, but to encourage and excite healing in others. The T.R.U.T.H Project and all of its affiliates cared enough to give share their platform with me and allow me to share my pain and my healing. When in an environment of caring it makes it second nature to care too. Which leads me to share further. The T.R.U.T.H Project has launched the I CARE Campaign so that it may continue to offer opportunities to nurture new writers and provide platforms for healing and creative expression. To learn more about the campaign, to donate, and show that YOU too CARE visit www.ExperienceTheTruth.com. I encourage everyone to share their healing point and the appointed healer and/or platform that has allowed you to move forward in your life as it may save someone else's. All information and direct links to the T.R.U.T.H Project and the I Care Campaign can be found at www.SweetToothMedia.com
uzzworthy Cravings, Creatively Satisfied!

No comments:

Post a Comment